Beauty treatment is a basic requirement which cannot separate from women’s lifestyle, whether it is for body, hair and skin treatments, you certainly already familiar with these things. The problem of beauty that women often experience usually around their face, in particular for those who have oily skin.
One of the beauty issues which may appear on the face is whiteheads. People who are undergoing hormonal changes may experience the whiteheads, like teenagers and pregnant women. Whiteheads are a form of acne and able to ruin the appearance of your face. They formed due to clogged pores, just like pimples and blackheads.
The sebaceous glands produce oil for moisturizing your skin. Clogged pores occur due to an accumulation of oil inside the pores because there is excessive secretion of sebum.
This oil buildup eventually swells and turn into a white pustule called whiteheads and formed on the cheeks, chin and cheekbones. Whiteheads normally not exposed to oxygen, so they usually have white or yellowish colors.
Avoid to squeeze and pop the whiteheads with your bare hands, as it can aggravate the condition your skin and lead to acne, infection, and scarring.
I suggest that you should learn how to get rid of whiteheads to have a pleasant appearance and blemishes-free without the presence of whiteheads on your face. Surely you do not have to go to the beauty salon for skin treatment.
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads on Nose Naturally
If you wish to get rid of whiteheads on your face or nose, simply follow the good skin care practices which described below:
Okay, let’s start giving the treatment for getting rid of whiteheads using facial steaming. This treatment is very easy to do and you don’t need to pay for extra money for facial steaming as when you are in a beauty salon.
Ingredients you need: (i) Hot water – one large bowl. (ii) Essential oils – lavender or jasmine (optional).
- Firstly, prepare the hot water. You may add some aromatherapies for softening your skin such as lavender for stress relief and relaxation or jasmine for increasing arousal.
- Place your face above the large bowl and cover you face with a towel.
- Let the hot steam touching you face, leave for a few minutes until the whiteheads leave out of your face.
- You just need to take it out using the towel. Perform this routine once a week for maximum results. You may get a beautiful face without whiteheads covering your face eventually.
Note » The use of the large bowl is to reach the maximum steamed area of the face.
Facial scrub has been widely known as one effective method for removing whiteheads and helps to cleanse your skin from dirt. However, if you conduct a facial scrub, do it with extra carefully, especially if you like to use the cosmetic product to get rid of whiteheads.
In other words, you are forbidden to hardly scrub your skin as well as too often; therefore you need to apply it on your skin and gently scrub throughout your face. Okay, let’s move forward to deal with that.
Factory Made Facial Scrub
The first thing you need to do is preparing the scrub, you can come up with scrub which can be purchased from a beauty shop, beware not to forget for buying the scrub that suits your skin type to avoid further skin problems.
Wash off your face with water and apply it gently to your face, especially the nose area that needs to be perfectly clean or else scrubs the nose area first and then wipe throughout the face.
Baking Soda Scrub
Instead of using a factory made the facial scrub, we encourage you to use natural ingredients for a homemade facial scrub.
Eliminating the whiteheads can be given by a gentle exfoliating. Use only a gentle scrubbing because too tight scrubbing can cause the whiteheads worsen.
Baking soda is an appropriate exfoliating agent for whiteheads removal and also helps balance the skin’s pH levels.
The use of baking soda to get rid of whiteheads can cause allergy and skin irritation, especially for people who have sensitive skin, so be careful in this case.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – two teaspoons. (ii) Water – sufficiently.
- Prepare the baking soda and water in moderation. Mix the water into the baking soda and stir evenly to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face thoroughly, especially on the whiteheads affected area.
- Wait for six minutes then rinse off with cold water. Do this exfoliation at least three times a week.
Lemon juice is a natural home remedy that is very useful for reducing clogged pores, the Alpha Hydroxy Acid content inside the lemon has an exfoliating effect of opening clogged pores where the buildup of whiteheads is formed. It also has properties to reduce the excess oil.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – two tablespoons. (ii) Lukewarm water – four tablespoons (twice of the lemon juice). (iii) Cotton ball – one.
- Mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice with the lukewarm water into a small bowl, avoid to apply the lemon juice to the skin directly, because it can cause skin irritation and lead to blemishes.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply to whiteheads area, perform this treatment at night before bed and wash off your face in the morning.
Note » Do not perform this remedy more than once a day because it can lead to dry and skin irritation. Avoid your skin from sun exposure after applying lemon juice, since it may give sunburn. Lemon juice makes your skin to be more sensitive.
The Oatmeal Facial Mask
Oatmeal is one of my favorite foods to maintain a healthy heart. For beauty treatments, oatmeal can also be used as an exfoliating agent for dead skin cells. Oatmeal also has a natural ability to draw excess oil to relieve your skin from whiteheads.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – five tablespoons. (ii) Yogurt – three tablespoons. (iii) Pure honey – one tablespoon. (iv) Lemon juice – one tablespoon.
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir the mixture evenly to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your face covering the whiteheads properly. Wait for about 15-20 minutes, then rinse off your face with water.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week.
Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil is known as one of the natural anti-bacterial agents; and it also works as a natural astringent for the skin. Thereby tea tree oil is very effective to get rid of the whiteheads.
Besides its ability to kill bacteria, tea tree oil also works to tighten the pores, so that the impurities and other debris may no longer enter your skin pores.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently. (iii) Cotton balls – one piece.
- Moisten a cotton ball with water, then squeeze it to the remaining small amount of water.
- Pour four drops tea tree oil into a cotton ball to dilute the oil. Apply it on the whiteheads affected area.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes, then rinse off with water. Repeat this process twice a day.
Note » Avoid the usage of undiluted tea tree oil. Avoid tea tree oil if you suffer from skin disease such as eczema etc. Do not swallow the tea tree oil, as it can cause internal toxicity.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Antibacterial and antiseptic properties contained within apple cider vinegar are very effective to get rid of whiteheads. Apple cider vinegar also works as an astringent and helps to reduce the excessive oil from the skin.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple cider vinegar – one teaspoon. (ii) Water – one cup.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into a cup of water and stir the mixture well.
- Dip a cotton ball into the cup and apply throughout your face, especially the area affected by whiteheads.
- Wait for about 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
Green Tea Leaves
The increasing androgen hormone inside the body becomes one of the reasons behind the appearance of whiteheads. Androgen receptors in your skin can be blocked by green tea, thereby reducing the skin damage caused by androgen hormones such as whiteheads and pimples.
The use of the green tea in your skin can reduce sebum production dramatically, thus eliminating whiteheads in the pores of the skin. You may start using the green tea as your daily skin care routine.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea leaves or tea bag – sufficiently.
- Take some leaves of green tea or a green tea bag. Soak the green tea leaves into warm water for 10 minutes.
- Apply the soaking water to your face using a cotton ball. If using a tea bag, soak in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the wet tea bag and apply to the whiteheads area on your face.
Honey Cinnamon Mask
Honey has become a favorite food for most people, either consumed with bread or as a mix with beverages. Honey is magnificent for your health and skin.
Honey contains natural antibacterial and antibiotics; thus, it is exquisite in killing microbes and make your skin free of disease, it is also acts as a moisturizer, as it is gentle on the skin.
Cinnamon helps to increase the production of collagen, a substance that serves to regenerate skin and as vital protein for the skin. Cinnamon also has antibacterial properties that are useful to eradicate pimples and whiteheads.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – one teaspoon. (ii) Cinnamon powder – sufficiently. (iii) Aloe vera – one teaspoon.
- Make a dough from one teaspoon of honey, one pinch of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of aloe vera (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients and stir evenly to form a soft paste. Apply it throughout your face, especially the whiteheads affected area.
- Wait for 20 minutes and then rinse off with water. Some people are allergic to cinnamon, conduct a patch test on your skin to make sure that you are not allergic to cinnamon.
Cornstarch and Vinegar
Cornstarch is one of the natural remedies for skin care, and it can absorb excessive oil from your skin, thus making it excellent to get rid of whiteheads. When cornstarch added to apple cider vinegar, the two ingredients increase the efficiency in removing the whiteheads.
Ingredients you need: (i) Vinegar – one teaspoon. (ii) Cornstarch – three teaspoons.
- Mix the vinegar and cornstarch to form a soft paste. Apply to your face as the facial mask, in particular on the whiteheads affected area.
- Wait for 20 minutes, then gently scrub the facial mask. Dip a washcloth in warm water then squeeze the excessive water, wipe off your face with the warm washcloth.
- Wash your face again with cold water to close pores that may open.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Whiteheads Fast at Home
The following additional tips are beneficial when it comes to prevent and remove the whiteheads on nose. Consider a few of them to make your nose free of whiteheads.
Sufficient Fluids Intake
Eat Nutritious Foods
Keep Bed Cleanliness
Drink eight to ten glasses a day to shed toxins in your body. Besides, it will also make your body to stays hydrated and keep your skin moisture.
Eat more fruits and vegetables is imperative, especially those containing vitamin A and E, as they may provide sufficient nutrition to revitalize the skin.
Take the time to sports and workout, as physical exercise may contribute a lot for overall health, including your skin health.
Change your bed linen and pillows as often as possible to avoid bacteria attached, as the dirty pillow is the place where any germs developed and affect your skin.
Your hair is the nearest part from your nose, the dirty hair may affect a lot to your face. Thus, you should keep the cleanliness of your hair to avoid excess oil in the hair to avoid pimples and whiteheads.
Follow the natural methods to eliminate whiteheads so that you are free from whiteheads on your skin. If the problem persists, contact a dermatologist as soon as possible.