Having rosy cheeks enhance the beauty appearance for many individuals. Everyone loved it; rosy cheeks indicate how healthy a person’s skin condition. It is a good fortune for those who take care of their skin properly. On the contrary, excess face flushing may look unattractive, and here comes the redness on face.
Red spots on the face may appear as a result of several reasons, ranging from certain allergic reactions, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, sunburn, and spicy food intake, or it may also indicate an underlying medical condition.
However the most common cause of facial redness is “Rosacea”, it is known as a popular definition of the condition of red spots on face. Although many people are not familiar with rosacea earlier, this condition affects at least 14 million Americans alone.
Redness on face began to manifest on the nose, cheeks, and chin and sometimes on the forehead. It also affects the areas of the neck, chest, and ears. The exact cause of the condition of redness on the face is unknown with certainty, however, genetics and environmental factors considered as a determinant of the incidence of redness or rosacea.
For example, when you have had a cold recently or exposed to sunlight or cold temperature, you probably develop a red nose, it is a redness that occurs around the nose area. While genetic factors, may affect the occurrence of facial redness anywhere, as previously described.
How to Get Rid of Redness on Face Overnight Naturally
Visible redness on the face can have an impact on a person’s appearance which leads to lower self-confidence. Moreover, in certain cases, this condition also brings a lot of inconvenience such as inflammation, soreness, and burning or stinging sensation. Hence, it is a good idea to get rid of the redness on face immediately to prevent prolonged suffering.
Applying the natural home remedies is highly recommended in this particular case, they are known to be free of harmful chemicals and does not aggravate the situation. Although this method is not much help to eliminate rosacea, yet for redness caused by medical conditions and environmental factors, they may help a lot.
Honey Facial Mask
Fungal infection, allergic reactions, skin exposure to the sun can sometimes be the common causes of redness, irritation, itching, pain and burning sensation. On the other hand, honey provides anti-inflammatory properties that relieve redness condition.
It also promotes skin moisture, and act as an excellent healing agent when it comes to bacteria, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea. Not surprisingly that honey considered as a unique gift of nature, as it is rich in anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, soothing and hydrating properties.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – sufficiently. (ii) Lukewarm water – sufficiently.
- Prepare some honey into a small bowl and apply the honey to red spots area on the face.
- Allowing it to stay for about 10-20 minutes and rinse off your face with lukewarm water.
- Perform this honey therapy every day and you may see the difference in the skin within a week or so.
Note » You may add beeswax and olive oil to increase the efficacy of the treatment.
Aloe Vera Gel Mask
Aloe Vera is one of the effective home remedies to get rid of the redness on the face due to allergies, sun exposure and infections. Aloe Vera is magnificent when applied to the skin and hair because it contains anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties.
Erythema is redness or a rash on the skin caused by a reaction to the sun’s UV rays. Aloe Vera helps reduce skin redness up to 97% after 48 hours of its application. It is not only useful for treating redness on the face, but also treat other skin problems.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Lukewarm water – sufficiently.
- Prepare and take the aloe leaf, and extract its gel. You may also purchase Aloe Vera gel at the beauty shop if you find any difficulty.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water prior application and apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera gel on red spots on the face.
- Leave the application of Aloe Vera to dry out and rinse thoroughly with warm water afterward.
- Follow this treatment twice a day for several weeks to see significant changes in your face.
Oatmeal Facial Mask
Oatmeal promotes thousands of health benefits when it is taken internally. However, we are not stopping here, when the oatmeal applied to the skin, it also relieve redness, itching and soothes skin irritation. The active component present in the oatmeal such as polysaccharide, flavonoid, saponin and avenanthramide contribute as a great healing agent to overcome many of skin problems.
It gives the advantage to any dermatologic conditions that cause irritation, itching, and inflammation that leads to red spots on the face. Talking about rosacea or sunburn, always consider the quality of oats for the application.
Ingredients you need: (i) Oatmeal – sufficiently. (ii) Water – sufficiently. (iii) Milk – optional.
- Prepare for ½ cup of oats and ¼ cup of water, mix the two ingredients and mix evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on inflamed and reddish skin evenly and leave for about 30 minutes to allow the skin absorb the flaky, completely.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and follow this treatment twice a day for several weeks.
Note » You may add some milk to the concoction because the fatty protein present in milk rejuvenates and soften the skin.
Ice Cubes Compress
Cold Compress is an easy and efficient remedy when it comes to getting rid of pain and inflammation. It is also the first aid to relieve bruises and bumps on the head due to impact.
It also helps cool down the skin, shrink blood vessels and alleviate swelling; thus it is excellent for reducing redness on the face. You may use the ice cubes as a cooling agent for the compress remedy because it is easily found in every home.
Ingredients you need: (i) Ice cubes – one small bowl. (ii) Towel – soft one.
- Prepare for a bowl of ice cubes and wrap it with a soft towel. Gently press the towel on the area of redness on face and leave for a few minutes.
- You may also perform a gentle massage if necessary. Perform this procedure several times a day until you get relief of redness.
- In case you find difficulty in getting ice cubes, you may dip a soft cloth or towel into the cold water and do the similar method.
Coconut oil has the ability to lock in moisture and acts as a natural emollients that keep the skin fully hydrated. This oil is very useful for those suffering from red spots on the face in which sometimes it accompanied by tightness and dryness of the skin.
Coconut oil contains antiviral and antimicrobial properties that help rejuvenate the skin, besides it also contains saturated fatty acids that are useful to penetrate the skin barrier to improve hydration and moisture. It means that coconut oil may work perfectly on redness on face as a result of severe acne or rosacea.
Ingredients you need: (i) Coconut oil – one tablespoon. (ii) Cloth – soft one. (iii) Lukewarm water – sufficiently.
- Prepare for one tablespoon of coconut oil and wash off your face prior the application. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on your face especially the area of redness.
- Allow it to stay for 30 minutes. Wipe off your face with a soft cloth followed by washing your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for several weeks.
Note » Olive oil and almond oil provide similar benefits when they used topically to remove red spots on face.
Tea Facial Wash
Whatever the type of tea you love, enjoying this kind of herbal drinks obviously provides many health benefits. Moreover, it can provide hydration to the body, and it is also useful to provide the assistance required to treat some skin problems, such as bumps and redness on the skin.
You can take chamomile tea for a traditional remedy to relieve inflammation in some parts of the body such as the mouth, respiratory tract, and throat. It is also very useful for treating skin inflammation that causes redness on the face. Topical application of chamomile can soothe and soften the skin; it also provides anti-inflammatory properties on irritated and dry skin.
Regardless of chamomile tea, you may also take the green tea to improve the health of your skin. Green tea also contains powerful anti-inflammatory and photo protective properties, making it capable of inhibiting the activity of pro-inflammatory cells, cytokines, and enzymes. It also possesses the ability to reduce facial redness due to exposure to the sun’s UV rays.
Ingredients you need: (i) Green tea or chamomile tea – two or more bags. (ii) Cloth – soft one.
- Simply brew two bags of green tea or chamomile in a bowl. Allow the tea to cool down by putting it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dip a soft cloth in the tea and gently press on the area of facial flushing for 10 minutes. Repeat this treatment twice a day for the next few weeks.
- You also advised drinking this tea to keep your body hydrated.
Cucumber is excellent for external skin application, because it is very soothing and hydrating the skin in an extraordinary way. It is rich in water content, vitamins and minerals necessary to create a more healthy skin. Applying cucumber helps a lot to treat skin irritation and redness on the face.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cucumber – sufficiently. (ii) Freezer – available one.
- Prepare a few slices of cucumber and place them in a freezer for a few minutes.
- Apply the cucumber slices on the area of redness on the face and wait for 15 minutes, avoid skin rubbing with the cucumber slices.
- You can also make a paste of crushed cucumber and apply it on your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and rinse with water afterward, you can follow this treatment twice a day for several weeks.
Milk Cream Facial Mask
Milk is a great ally to treat a variety of skin problems since it contains alpha hydroxy acid which is useful for removing the dead skin cells. Milk also contains vitamins and essential minerals that are very suitable to treat and soothe redness on the face.
Ingredients you need: (i) Milk cream – sufficiently. (ii) Rosewater – sufficiently.
- Simply mix some milk cream and add some rosewater and stir the mixture evenly.
- Apply the mixture on the red spots on the face as a mask and leave for a few minutes until it dries.
- Rinse your face with cold water afterward.
- Repeat this process once a day for a few weeks until you meet the noticeable results.
Lavender oil provides a calming and relaxing effect for those who experience stress and anxiety. A study reports that this oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help relieve irritation of the skin; thus lavender oil is excellent for those who suffer from inflammatory diseases such as rosacea.
The two main components responsible for the anti-inflammatory action are “Linalyl Acetate” and “Linalool” . However, the provision of lavender oil should be mixed with other essential oils, since pure lavender oil has the potential to cause irritation and exacerbate the redness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lavender oil – sufficiently. (ii) Almond oil – sufficiently. (iii) Cotton ball – some.
- Prepare 3 drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoon of almond oil, mix the ingredients evenly.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area of redness with the help of a cotton ball.
- Wait for a few minutes and rinse with water afterward. Repeat the treatment twice a day for several weeks.
Turmeric is one of the anti-inflammatory agents known to be effective in treating the inflammatory condition of the skin. The main compound in turmeric called “Curcumin” contribute significantly to reduce the swelling.
It also works as an antioxidant and anti-cancer at the same time. Turmeric topical application and oral intake can help relieve facial redness due to sunburn, psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, and skin irritation.
Ingredients you need: (i) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (ii) Yogurt – one tablespoon.
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tablespoon yogurt. Apply a thin layer of the mixture on your face.
- Allow it to stay for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water afterward.
- Follow this treatment twice a day until the redness on the face decreases.
Note » You may add a teaspoon of turmeric into a glass of milk and drink it.
Precaution Tips for Redness on Face
You can apply some of the following precautions to reduce the incidence of redness in the face. Sometimes the onset of redness is due to the lack of proper protection to the skin so that the environment can aggravate the skin condition.
Reduce the Intake of Spicy Foods
Protect Your Skin
Apply Quality Makeup
Avoid to Pick Acne
Eat Cooling Foods
Spicy foods potentially change the face into redness one, if you are a fan of spicy food, reduce intake of these foods to prevent redness on the face.
Protect your skin from the sun or the winter, apply sunscreen lotion and wear a scarf to avoid exposure to air or excessive sunlight.
Running healthy habits like stopping smoking or alcohol, drink plenty of water and exercise can increase the body’s metabolism and blood circulation which prevents the redness.
Quality makeup is very important to prevent redness, since it contains a chemical that is responsible for the redness. Use a dab of green concealer to cancel the redness.
Picking the acne and blackheads is prohibited, as this may aggravate the skin condition that leads to redness. Use the proper treatment to get rid of acne and safe from red spots.
Increase your intake of foods such as papaya, spinach, apples, celery, water melon, coconut, since these foods help to cool down and maintain your body’s internal temperature.
- Effective Ways to Get Rid of Sunspots on Face
- How to Get Rid of Tan Lines Fast and Effectively
- Easy Home Remedies for Sunburn Relief
- How to Get Rid of Sunburn on Your Face
Consult a dermatologist to get the bottom of the problem underlying the appearance of redness in the face. In the meantime you can apply home remedies to get rid of redness on face safely and efficiently and for obtaining a relief.