Have you noticed your looks today, or maybe you are planning to attend an important event along with the beloved one? Surely you already busy all day to prepare everything, including setting up your grooming to look stunning. Above all the preparations, you need to give extra attention to your hair, why? Because your hair gives your look a distinct appearance.
No matter how you dress, or whatever grooming you do, you might be able to look shabby when your hair is still dry, thin, having the split ends and rough in which it could be vulnerable to tangles. In addition to looking unhealthy and repulsive, dry hair prone to dandruff and hair loss in which you always have concerned about this situation.
When the hair shaft shortage of natural oils and does not have the ability to retain moisture, your hair may become dry rapidly, which eventually it becomes brittle and lackluster appearance. Accordingly, it is imperative for you to treat dry hair promptly to prevent the hair quality degradation.
What Causes of The Dry Hair?
Dry hair does not necessarily appear out of nowhere. Because the hair structure is very sensitive, it may subject to interference due to several factors, either internally or externally that lead to damaged and dry hair.
Exposure to Sun
Excessive Hair Treatments
Some chemicals and aggressive substances contained in hair products may lead to dry hair when they used continuously.
It is undeniable that excessive sun exposure can lead to damaged and dry hair. UV rays from the sun may reduce the production of natural oils from the scalp and make the hair brittle.
Nutritional deficiencies can have an impact on dry hair, and since our hair is composed mostly of protein, you need to meet the needs of protein intake to get healthy hair.
Hair care is necessary to maintain the hair healthily, but if you treat your hair excessively, it can lead to dry hair. The use of a hair dryer, hair brush, shampoo, etc. should always pay attention to the quality and condition of your hair.
Home Remedies for Dry Hair That Work
You need to invest time to take care of your hair, just like you treat other body parts. It will restore moisture and shine of hair if you are able to apply the right treatment for your hair. If you are currently experiencing rough, dry hair, and you sense of failure about it, then apply some home remedies are proven effective to restore life to your dull hair.
Vinegar for Hair Wash
Vinegar has been known for centuries to be applied as a cooling agent for dry hair. Vinegar and apple cider vinegar work by washing the hair cuticle to help regain the natural shine and makes the hair soft and shiny.
Shampoo, conditioner, and other hair care products leave a residue on your hair, which in turn leads to dry hair. On the contrary, vinegar can help get rid of the buildup of residue trapped in the hair shaft. Additionally, vinegar also helps maintain the skin’s natural pH level, eliminating dandruff and itchy scalp, two problems that exist along with the dry hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) White Vinegar – ¼ cup. (ii) Water – one cup.
- Prepare an empty glass and pour the vinegar and water then mix them to make a rinse solution.
- After washing your hair, use the solution of vinegar to rinse hair thoroughly while gently massaging your scalp and hair.
- Allow it to stay for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water afterward followed by applying a conditioner.
- Use this remedy once a week to get rid of dry hair and regain its shine.
Note » You may use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar and get the similar effect.
Banana had established itself as an important source of nutrients for the body for centuries; likewise it is a great ally when it comes to the dull and dry hair. It contains several essential minerals such as potassium, zinc, manganese and iron, as well as some vitamins (A, C, E and B6) and the biotin.
All the essential ingredients make the banana as the right remedy to make hair stronger, protecting the elasticity and prevent hair from dryness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Banana – one (ripe). (ii) Olive or coconut oil – sufficiently.
- Peel one ripe banana and mash the flesh to form a smooth paste. Add one tablespoon of coconut or olive oil.
- Apply the smooth paste on your hair from root to tip of the hair thoroughly. You may wear a shower cap for better conditioning.
- Allow it to stay for about 20-30 minutes and wash your hair with warm water for the first rinse, followed by cold water as the final wash. Repeat this treatment once a week.
Eggs are the best source of protein, not just for the intake of the body but also as a source of food for the hair. The hair shaft composed mostly of protein, thereby, the egg is perfect when it comes to dry and damaged hair.
Egg yolk contains healthy fats and protein, and it helps add moisture to your dry hair, while the egg white is rich in several essential enzymes that serve to cleanse the hair and scalp from residual buildup.
Ingredients you need: (i) Eggs – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – two teaspoons.(iii) Lemon juice – two tablespoons.
- You can whip two egg whites mixed with two tablespoons of warm water. Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Massage gently with your finger for 15 minutes and wash your hair with cold water.
- Repeat this process at least once a week until your hair is free of dryness.
- For better potion, simply whisk two eggs perfectly, add olive oil and lemon juice into the beaten eggs.
- Apply the mask on your hair and scalp thoroughly. Massage your scalp for help the penetration of nutrients into the scalp.
- Allow it to stay for 20 minutes and wash with gentle shampoo. Repeat this once every week for best results.
Note » Lemon juice banish the stench, while olive oil helps to better moisturize.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera composed of a unique combination of amino acids, minerals, and vitamins in which they are very beneficial for overall health for the body as well as for hair, and scalp. It provides good moisture and conditioning properties that restore the luster and softness of hair free of dryness.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe Vera gel – ½ cup. (ii) Olive oil – two teaspoons. (iii) Hibiscus flower paste – two teaspoons.
- Put all the ingredients of olive oil, aloe vera, and hibiscus paste into a cup and stir evenly. Apply conditioner to your hair thoroughly after washing your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Gently massage your hair and scalp for a few minutes and rinse your hair with cold water. Repeat the process at least once a week to get the hair soft and healthy.
Fenugreek is one of Ayurveda remedy which is capable of treating a variety of health complaints; it is rich in protein, potassium, vitamin C, nicotinic acid, niacin, amino acids and diosgenin, in which all those great content are very appropriate in rejuvenating the dull and dry hair.
You may also find lecithin in fenugreek seeds, which acts as a natural emollient and helps in hydrating your hair to get strong and healthy hair, and you do not have to worry if dandruff is bothering you because fenugreek can help get rid of dandruff properly.
Ingredients you need: (i) Fenugreek seeds – four tablespoons or as the hair length. (ii) Yogurt – two tablespoons.
- Take the appropriate dose of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water and leave overnight.
- The next morning you can grind the seeds to obtain a smooth paste. Add the yogurt and stir well to produce a hair mask. Apply the mask on your hair thoroughly and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and repeat the treatment once a week in the beginning and followed every 3-4 weeks.
Yogurt Hair Mask
Yogurt is very useful to maintain a healthy diet and therefore include yogurt in your regular intake can keep your body in optimal condition. More about yogurt, you can start to think of applying it on a dull and dry hair, why?
It provides coolness in the hair shaft because it contains lactic acid which helps cleanse the scalp and hair, as well as the fat content present in yogurt, keep the moisture in the hair, in addition to the protein possessed by the yogurt is a good hair rejuvenation agent.
Ingredients you need: (i) Plain yogurt – four tablespoons or more. (ii) Eggs – one.
- There are no special instructions for yogurt as a hair mask, simply apply yogurt on your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Allow it to stay for about 30 minutes then rinse with a mild shampoo and dry it.
- For a more hydrating mask, mix one egg and yogurt and apply on your hair evenly way as before.
- Repeat this treatment once a week initially and followed by every 2-3 weeks.
Sesame oil can also be applied to get rid of the dull and dry hair; it is loaded with emollient properties and essential nutrients that provide protection for the outer layer of the hair, which in turn heals the hair from the damage. Besides sesame oil also prevents hair loss as it is rich in anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sesame oil – two or three teaspoons. (ii) Ginger – sufficiently. (iii) Lemon juice – one tablespoon. (iv) Beetroot juice – one tablespoon.
- Get three teaspoons of sesame oil and add some grated ginger, mix evenly and apply on your scalp, massaging gently for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a warm towel and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and repeat once a week.
- You may also mix lemon juice, sesame oil, and beetroot juice each as much as one tablespoon.
- Use your fingers to apply the potion on the scalp thoroughly and do not forget to do massaging.
- Let the potion stay overnight and wash the next morning. Repeat this process once a week.
Lavender Essential Oil
One of the requirements for essential oils that can be used to treat dry hair is the availability of natural emollient in the oil. And this time, we’re featuring lavender oil which extracted mostly from the flowers of lavender plant. Lavender oil works by supplying the hair moisture due to its emollient properties. It may get rid of the dull and dry hair with ease, and very useful to tighten pores and cleanse the scalp of impurities.
And for those who suffer from dandruff, itching and hair loss due to dryness of the hair, lavender oil is the best way to get rid of them, due to it is loaded with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lavender oil – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently.
- Take the massage oil who you normally use and add 2-3 drops of lavender oil and use it to massage your scalp every day.
- You may also take a small amount of olive oil and warm it, add 2-3 drops of lavender oil and use the mixture to massage your scalp once a week.
Avocado is known as one of the superfoods because it is loaded with the content of essential nutrients needed by the body. Vitamins (A, D, E, and K), protein, and several essential minerals present in the avocado is a great healing agent when it comes to the dryness of the hair.
The protein contained by avocados may help prevent hair loss and split ends. Therefore using avocado as a hair mask is an elegant way to get healthy and shiny hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Avocado – one. (ii) Oils (olive, coconut, castor etc.) – one tablespoon.
- Take the avocado flesh and mash it, add one tablespoon olive oil and mix evenly to form a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair thoroughly and give a gentle massage on the scalp for a few moments.
- Allow it to stay for 15-30 minutes and rinse your hair with warm water afterward. Repeat this process once a week.
Sage Rinse for Hair
Sage is known as an herbal plant which is not only useful for cooking, but also for medicinal purposes. Sage is an excellent source of vitamins (B and C), potassium, zinc, and magnesium; also it is rich in astringent, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties which make it as a sedative agent for dry hair.
Ingredients you need: (i) Sage leaves – two tablespoons.(ii) Water – two cups.
- Place the dried sage leaves in a cup of boiling water and allow to steep until the water cools.
- Strain the solution to leave the residual sage leaves, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and rinse with water as usual.
- Use the rinse water from sage leaves as the last rinse and make sure the hair had covered with the sage rinse.
- How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair Naturally at Home
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Hair Fast Overnight
- How to Get Rid of Split Ends Naturally
- How to Repair Damaged Hair Fast and Naturally
You can keep the hair soft all the time by applying some precautions and home remedies above. Some hair problems occur due to lack of care or even due to applying excessive hair care, so you need to be extra cautious in this regard.