It’s been a long time people acknowledge that our face is a reflection of our health, some carelessness that we often collect may usually be seen on the face, and especially it leads to the appearance of dark circles under eyes. Dark circles are the dark discoloration of the skin that is visible around the eyes. They are often known as the shadow or the dark rings.
Medically, this condition is referred to as “Periorbital Dark Circles” and is a common problem that can be suffered by either men or women. The appearance of dark circles is not a serious skin problem, only when people have the dark circles, they tend to look older, tired, unhealthy and exhausted.
What Causes Dark Circles Under Your Eyes?
There is a presumption that the dark circles are the result of fatigue. In fact, there are many reasons behind the development of the dark circles, and some conditions such as stress and fluid imbalance may aggravate this condition. A few of them are,
Some people are prone to allergies. Sometimes it invades your eyes that lead to itchy eyes and resulted in the dark circles under the eyes.
Do you have enough time for your body to get rest? Having 8 hours of sleep in a day is necessary for a person to prevent exhausting. If you experience fatigue, the area around your eyes vulnerable to having the dark circles.
Hereditary factor is the primary cause of several health problems. How may it affect the appearance of the dark circles? Some people may see this issue runs in their family. A family that is prone to the dark circles under the eyes is usually has a thin skin, in which it is inherited trait they receive and make the skin more transparency.
Bluish color of the blood vessels is noticeable clearly when the blood passes through the large veins which located near the skin surface as the skin around the eyes is the thinnest skin possessed by the body.
It is inevitable that aging is beginning of the decline of physical fitness. You will lose most of the collagen which results in dark circles under the eyes. Skin aging is also prone to baggy eyes.
Anemia occurs due to inadequate intake of iron in the body. An unbalanced diet, lack of some essential nutrients are some of the causes of iron loss. The body tissues will have the deficiency of the blood when a person suffering from anemia which results in the dark circles under the eyes.
Health concerns related to the liver may cause symptoms which characterized by the appearance of the dark circles under the eyes.
Smoking, drinking alcohol and sleeping late at night are some of the lifestyles that make you prone to the dark circles under the eyes. It may also lead to the formation of black eye.
The production of melanin in the skin may increase, when the skin exposed to sunlight. It resulted in the appearance of the dark circles under the eyes quickly.
Several continuous medications are known to cause enlargement of blood vessels. Eventually, it resulted in the skin under the eyes is noticeably darker. It also causes allergies which have the same effect on the skin under the eyes.
Some individuals may have hyperpigmentation which gives a darker shade than other body parts. If it occurs around the eyes, it will result in the dark circles under the eyes.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Having healthy and younger looking skin is everyone’s dream, since the dark circles under the eyes make you look old and exhausted, it is advisable to follow a few specific prevention techniques to get rid of this condition fast. Here are a few home remedies already known and helps to relieve unsightly shadows under your eyes.
Cucumber Slices for Dark Circles
Cucumber is one of a family of vegetables that have soothing and astringent properties. It also provides the cooling, refreshing and lightening effect for your eyes. All the goodness of cucumber is a great healing agent for dark circles under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cucumber – a few fresh slices. (ii) Lemon juice – sufficiently.
- For convenient use, place a few thick slices of fresh cucumber in the fridge and leave for 30 minutes.
- Take two slices of cucumber and place on top of the affected area of skin under the eyes.
- Allow it to stay for 10-15 minutes and wash off with water afterward.
- You may also mix the cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantity.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin area and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off your face with cold water afterward.
Note » Repeat either methods twice a week until you notice the significant result.
Rose Water for Dark Circles
Rose water is one of the beauty products that turned out to be very effective when dealing with the dark circles under the eyes. The incredible Ingredients of rosewater work in rejuvenating the skin and provides a soothing effect on the eye fatigue. It also acts as an effective skin toner due to its mild astringent properties.
Ingredients you need: (i) Rose water – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – sufficiently.
- Prepare pure rose water in considerable amounts and soak the cotton ball for a few minutes.
- Now close your eyes and put the cotton ball on your eyelids.
- Allow the cotton ball to stay for 15 minutes and rinse off with water afterward. Use this treatment at least twice a day for several weeks to see tangible results.
Lemon Juice for Dark Circles
Lemon is one of the home remedies that most widely used for beauty matters. The content of vitamin C present in lemon has helped many people to brighten the color of the dark circles under the eyes. Besides, lemon also has bleaching properties that are beneficial to overcome a variety of skin problems.
Ingredients you need: (i) Lemon juice – sufficienly. (ii) Cotton ball – one or two.
- Prepare a cup of lemon juice and dip the cotton ball into the cup. Apply the damp cotton ball around your eyes, especially dark skin under the eyes.
- Leave for 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Alternatively, you can make a thick paste out of one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato paste, a pinch of turmeric powder and gram flour.
- Apply the paste around your eyes, avoid direct contact with your eyes. Wait for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water afterward.
Note » Repeat either one of these processes once or twice a day for several weeks. If you experience a burning sensation then stop using this remedy.
Turmeric Powder for Dark Circles
Turmeric is a natural herb that is known to have potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are very useful in reducing the color out of the dark circles under the eyes. It also improves the elasticity of the skin that makes the skin smoother and softer.
Ingredients you need: (i) Turmeric powder – sufficiently. (ii) Pineapple juice – sufficiently.
- Create a fine paste out of two teaspoons in each of the turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
- Apply this paste on the affected area on the skin under the eyes and wait for 10 minutes.
- Wipe your face with a damp cotton cloth afterward and repeat every day until you get the desired results.
Raw Potatoes for Dark Circles
You may utilize the bleaching properties present in potatoes when dealing with skin care. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps effectively in lightening the dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Potatoes – sufficiently.
- Take two or three raw potatoes and grate them to extract its juice. With the help of a cotton ball, apply the juice on your eyelids especially dark areas under the eyes.
- Allow the potato juice to settle for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water afterward. Repeat the process once or twice a day in a few weeks.
- You may also put a thick potato slice on your under-eye skin area, but place it first in the refrigerator prior to application.
Almond Oil for Dark Circles
Almond oil has been used extensively to treat various complaints of beauty, it also very beneficial for treating the delicate skin around the eyes, including to reduce dark circles under the eyes. Almond oil is rich in protein, fat, healthy fibers, vitamins, and essential minerals. Using almond oil is a wise way to get clear skin free of dark colors.
Ingredients you need: (i) Almond oil – sufficiently.
- Apply almond oil around your eyes right before bed, especially the affected area under the eyes.
- Leave overnight and wash off in the morning, repeat this process every day until you get a clear skin free of dark colors.
Tea Bags for Dark Circles
Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants which are useful for getting rid of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. It works by reducing fluid retention and shrink the blood vessels in the delicate skin under the eyes. Besides, it also contains tannin which helps in skin discoloration.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea bags – sufficiently.
- Take two tea bags either black or green and put in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Place the tea bags in each of your eyes, especially in the area under the eyes and leave for 15 minutes.
- Lift the tea bag and wash your face with cold water, repeat this process every day until the dark colors fade.
Cold Water for Dark Circles
This method is the easiest way to fade the dark circles under the eyes, especially when you are frequently exposed to the hot sun. It helps constrict blood vessels, which in turn reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Cold water or milk – sufficiently. (ii) Washcloth – clean one.
- Prepare a bowl of cold water or cold milk, and soak the washcloth into it. Cover your eyelids with the washcloth and leave for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process several times a day for each day until the dark color under the eyes fade away.
- You can also wrap a chunk of ice cube with a cotton cloth and put over the skin under your eyes.
Mint Leaves for Dark Circles
Mint leaves possess effective cooling properties; thus it is very helpful to constrict blood vessels and diminish the dark circles under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Mint leaves – sufficiently. (ii) Olive oil – sufficiently.
- Prepare a few mint the leaves and take the juice from the leaf extract and mix with a little olive oil.
- Apply directly on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Do this before bed and leave it throughout the night.
- Repeat this process every day until the desired result appears.
Tomato for Dark Circles
Tomato is one type of fruits that is rich in many essential nutrients that are beneficial for a healthy body. It contains vitamins (A, C, K), potassium, fiber, folate, and water. Despite all the essential nutrients, the tomato has bleaching properties that appropriate to overcome the dark circles under the eyes.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tomato juice – one teaspoon. (ii) Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon.
- Mix tomato juice and lemon juice as the initial dose. Apply the mixture on the affected area under the eyes.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse off with water afterward. Repeat this process twice a day for several weeks.
- During the treatment process, you can also drink tomato juice or lemon juice.
Note » You may apply tomato juice without additional ingredient and yields similar result.
How to Prevent Recurrence of Dark Circles Under Eyes
Precautions are crucial to avoid a recurrence dark circles under the eyes. Moreover, it is also useful to keep your eyes youthful and shine, follow these tips to achieve the beautiful eyes free from dark circles.
Drink Adequate Water
Get Enough Sleep
Water contribute in keeping the skin moisture and encourage other body functions. Consume 6 to 8 glasses of water a day to eliminate water retention which leads to skin problems.
Sleep is necessary for the vitality of the body and makes you look refreshed. Get some sleep for 8 hours a day to avoid the establishment of dark circles and preventing exhausted.
If you have the habit of smoking, it’s time to consider throwing your cigarette, smoking can accelerate the loss of collagen from the skin.
A healthy diet is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle, include foods rich in vitamin A and iron to get bright and healthy eyes.
UV rays emitted from the sun can accelerate the damage to collagen and encourage the production of melanin on the skin, so do not forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Sunscreen may also act as an effective dark circle eye cream.
- How to Get Rid of Dark Armpits Fast Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs Fast Naturally at Home
- Effective Treatment to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees Fast Naturally
- Effective Treatment to Lighten Your Dark Hands and Feet Naturally
In the case of dark circles appear only under one eye, accompanied by pain and there is no improvement over time, then visiting a doctor is a precise choice for explore the reasons behind the dark circles and prescribing accordingly.