Do you like to look fashionable and beautiful? Yes, of course, some of you might say so. Wearing a wide variety of clothing styles is a convenient way to show and highlight every aspect of beauty. Showing the overall beauty is not only supported by the clothing styles, however the beauty of the skin should also be a major concern for every woman who wants to look fashionable.
Imagine when your skin looks dark, especially in the armpits, it may interfere with your confidence when appearing in public. For women who like to wear sleeveless, certainly it could be a serious problem. Women often neglect the treatment for their underarms skin, because of its location is hidden making the armpits skin turns dark eventually.
Dark underarms generally not showing symptoms of a particular medical condition or disease. They appear as a result of the skin in response to exposure to certain elements that turned the color of the skin becomes dark. You can find it is similar to a suntan arising due exposure to UV rays of the sun.
What Causes of Dark Underarms?
Underarms skin color may turn to dark for some reasons. Deodorants, excessive sweating, poor ventilation in the armpits, and a buildup of dead skin cells known as the culprit behind the dark underarms.
Some Different Causes
Certain Medical Condition
You can find the alcohol content in most deodorant products, deodorant application in the armpit can cause skin burns that lead to dark skin armpits. So ladies! Be careful with your deodorant, it is not always able to save your life, even if it makes you smell good.
Do you often perform armpits hair removal with a razor? If yes, it is likely to be the cause of dark underarms, due to the excessive usage of the razor makes armpits skin look dark.
Some other causes also known as the reasons behind the appearance of dark underarms are allergies, heredity, improper cleaning and possibly some diseases.
Although in many cases, dark underarms is not an indication of a medical condition, yet there are times the appearance of dark underarms can be a symptom of the certain medical condition which is known as “Acanthosis Nigricans”. It is often associated with some diseases such as obesity, insulin resistance, certain medications, hormonal disorders, and cancer.
Whatever the reason, eliminate dark underarms is imperative for the health and the aesthetic value of your beauty. It applies not only to women who like to wear sleeveless, but every woman needs to know more about the methods of reducing a dark color and make it fair over time.
Effective Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
Underarms are the delicate and sensitive areas, hence the use of a home remedy to get rid of dark armpits is essential to prevent the side effects of treatment, however if the cause of dark underarms is a particular medical condition, you need to consult a doctor for sure.
Cucumber contains natural bleaching properties that help promote skin lightening. Hence, it is very effective when it comes to dark tone underarms. It is also useful to soothe the skin and prevent a more severe irritation.
- You may apply a thin cucumber slice or grated cucumber in the armpit and gently rub the underarm skin for a few minutes.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice and four tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice. Mix the mixture evenly and add a little bit turmeric powder to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the dark underarms, and wait for 30 minutes. Rinse the armpits, with water afterward.
Note » Follow these home remedies once a day for every day to get the best results.
Exfoliation is an effective way to eliminate the dark color on the armpits. It underlies many people to apply baking soda as an exfoliating scrub and helps remove dead skin cells that cause dark underarms. It is also known as a great ally in opening up clogged skin pores.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda and adequate amounts of water, to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to gently scrub on the armpits for several minutes.
- Rinse off the armpits with water afterward and repeat this process several times a week.
Potatoes have a common element with cucumber; it contains mild bleaching properties and healthy enzymes that are useful in getting an armpits fair color. The potatoes also provide a calming effect and excellent when applied to the skin, besides it may help prevent skin irritation.
- Take a piece of thin slices of potato and scrub in the armpits.
- You can also use the grated potatoes and apply on the affected area. Allow it to stay for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat either of these exfoliations twice a day for several weeks to get the desired results.
We cannot leave the lemon juice behind when it comes to skin bleaching. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and loaded with powerful antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. Not surprisingly, if we include lemon to treat various skin problems including dark underarms.
Lemon can act as a deodorant, but the use of lemon for bleaching can lead to dry skin, thus apply a moisturizer after application of lemon is indispensable.
- Rubbing a lemon wedge on the skin of armpits can help brighten the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- Allow the juice to stay on the skin for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water afterward.
- You may also mix the juice of ½ of lemon, a tablespoon of honey and ½ tablespoon of oatmeal. Mix evenly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water afterwards.
- You may also apply the following formula, a small amount of honey, turmeric powder, and yogurt. Place all the ingredients into a cup of lemon juice.
- Apply on armpits and leave for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat either one of the remedies three of four times a week
Note » Always remember to avoid sun exposure after the application of lemon juice, because it can lead to further darkening of skin color.
Several types of oils could potentially have the ability to get rid of dark armpits; we can use coconut oil as another option for this purpose; otherwise, you may take the olive oil instead. The vitamin E present in coconut oil helps to promote the skin lightening; accordingly, it is very effective for reducing dark underarms.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil and rub on the affected area. Use your fingers to gently rub the skin armpits.
- Allow it to stay for about 15 minutes and wash the armpits with a mild soap and warm water.
- Follow this treatment at least twice a day to obtain optimal results.
You may come up with the vinegar when it comes to the rescue mission of dark underarms. It is no wonder why the vinegar included in the list of these home remedies. Vinegar is known to be able to kill certain germs and bacteria that cause dead skin cells buildup, which lead to underarms odor, besides it also works lighten underarm skin color effectively.
- You need some rice flour mixed with white vinegar to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your underarms, and leave it for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wash off underarms with warm water and repeat the treatment for three times a week to get faster results.
Aloe Vera Gel
Some of you are probably already familiar with aloe vera as a potent healing agent for various skin problems. Antioxidant and lightening properties present in aloe vera promote the renewal of dead skin cells to make it look whiter and brighter, accordingly, it is very effective for dark underarms.
- Make a slice of aloe Vera leaf and scrub the gel on the dark areas of underarm skin. Wait for a few minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- You may also take the juice of aloe Vera extract and apply it as a mask for underarms. Wait until the juice dries out before washing thoroughly with warm water.
- Repeat the treatment three times a week for best results.
Full Fat Milk
If the milk is your favorite beverage, it’s time to apply the milk to lighten the dark underarms. Milk is loaded with fatty acids and vitamins that are excellent to help fading the color of dark underarms, besides it also contributes to soften the skin texture and encourage lighter skin tones.
- Make a mixture of two tablespoons of plain yogurt, two tablespoons of flour and two tablespoons of full-fat milk. Stir all the ingredients evenly to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the armpit area and leave for about 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water afterward.
- Another better option is by making a mixture of two teaspoons of milk and soak with a few strands of saffron for 15 minutes.
- Of course, you can add honey to the mixture. Apply the mixture on your armpits and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and repeat either one of the treatments at least three times a week or you already got the desired results.
Sandalwood contains natural skin lightening agent, similar to cucumbers and potatoes that can be applied to eliminate the dark underarms. Sandalwood is also useful to get rid of body odor due to excessive sweating. For this application, you may add rose water to increase the effectiveness of treatment by providing a cooling effect and softens the skin.
- Make a smooth paste of a mixture of two tablespoons of rose water mixed with two tablespoons of sandalwood powder.
- Apply it on your dark underarms and leave for about 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water afterward.
- You may repeat this treatment every day for fading out the color of dark underarms.
More Useful Tips When Dealing with Dark Armpits
Applying home remedies should be in line with a regular basis of skin care, it is useful to prevent future recurrence dark underarms.
Perform Regular Armpits Wash
Perform Exfoliation Once a Week
Apply Moisturizer on The Armpits
Perform Proper Hair Removal
Apply a Better Deodorant
Washing the armpits on a regular basis is an unspoken golden rule for those who desire the white and clean armpits. It is an effective way to remove the remnants of deodorant and a buildup of excess sweating. Do not forget to dry the armpits out for preventing the development of fungi and bacteria that cause dark underarms.
Never leave the armpits, when you are running the exfoliation on your body. Most women focus on exfoliation of the face, legs, and arms but unfortunately forget their armpits. Exfoliation of dead skin cells on the armpits is imperative to make the armpits stay clean and light. You may apply any scrub to the armpits, or use a natural scrub which described previously.
Any exfoliating on the skin can leave the skin dry, including in the armpits. Applying a moisturizer in the armpits after exfoliation can improve skin moisture and prevent further irritation. Use only the best lotion to get the skin soft and fair.
The use of a razor to clean the armpits hairs may cause irritation of the skin. Use hot or cold wax or epilator instead, for getting the armpits free of hairs.
Deodorant may improve a person’s self-confidence because it eliminates body odor due to excessive sweating. If you choose a deodorant, consider a product that is free of alcohol content, because it may cause skin blemishes. Choose the ideal product that contains moisturizing ingredients to protect the skin.
- How to Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs Fast Naturally at Home
- Top 10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles Overnight
- How to Lighten Dark Lips Fast Naturally at Home
- Effective Treatment to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees Fast Naturally
- Effective Treatment to Lighten Your Dark Hands and Feet Naturally
The choice to see a dermatologist is necessary when you do not get the desired result or there are other different causes behind the emergence of dark underarms. You need to know the problem even further by consulting the doctor, otherwise applying a laser treatment is a last resort if you have enough money.