Scabs develop as part of the healing process of any type of injury on the skin, ranging from acne to injuries; they potentially cause a scab anywhere on the injured body part. Handling the wound healing and its scab requires a gentle treatment. Especially for the scab that develops in your face as a result of acne or pimples.
Acne scabs are redness and pain that comes once the acne is popping. Dried crusty scabs may appear due to scratching and popping zits. You need to apply the appropriate treatment when it comes to getting rid of acne scabs. Moreover, as the scabs protect the wound, you should not pull off forcibly the acne scabs, as they potentially cause acne scars, irritation, infection and slowing down the healing process.
The best treatment to get rid of acne scabs is by keeping scabs stay soft, supple and moist and allowing the natural healing occurs beneath scabs. Otherwise, scabs can cause itching and make you feel like picking them. If left untreated, scabs can be infected that lead to bleed, pus and painful. The scabs may appear on the face, mouth, cheeks and chin as well, swathed in red, brown and even black.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scabs Naturally
How to get rid of acne scabs and redness that may leave acne scars? It is by applying the proper skin care to clean up the wound and treat the infection that may arise in the first place.
Keep in mind that your acne has to go through the phases of healing before they completely disappear. Here are some home remedies that you should consider to get rid of acne scabs and redness.
Aloe Vera Facial Mask
Aloe vera contains a significant amount of water that provides moisture to the skin. Topical application of aloe vera helps relieve pain due to sunburn, bruises, and cuts. In addition, aloe vera is also effective to get rid of acne scabs, due to it works as a great soothing agent that reduces the symptoms of acne scabs discomfort such as itching and irritation. Furthermore, it also negates the formation of scars due to acne spots.
Ingredients you need: (i) Aloe vera gel – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
- Take the gel from fresh aloe vera, apply the gel on scabs on the acne with the help of a cotton ball.
- Allow it to stay for a few hours, whenever possible, use the gel before bed and leave overnight. Repeat the process every day.
- You may also come with aloe vera cream, because of they come in several kinds of beauty products. Apply the cream in the same way to tackle acne scabs.
Honey is always accepted as a natural treatment to treat a variety of skin problems. It is a natural antiseptic that helps heal infections and accelerate the healing process. The content of antibiotics in honey also improve the appearance of skin caused by acne or appearance of lesions that potentially cause scabs.
Ingredients you need: (i) Honey – sufficiently. (ii) Facial cleanser – a mild one.
- Clean your face with your favorite facial cleansing thoroughly. Be careful when touching the area of acne.
- Dry your face to reduce moisture on the skin and rub honey on your face, especially the affected area.
- Allow at least 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water afterward. Repeat the process every day until your skin free from acne.
Having baking soda in the home kitchen, providing a distinct advantage to overcome many skin problems. Baking soda helps to get rid of acne scabs effectively, as it works by tightening scabs that eventually loosen scabs from acne wound.
It helps draw the scab away from the wound and allow it to fall off without leaving the scars. Baking soda also contains antiseptic and fungicide that helps relieve possible infection arise as a result of acne scabs. Don’t worry, the baking soda also help relieve the accompanying symptoms such as infection and itching that trigger you to picking up them.
Ingredients you need: (i) Baking soda – sufficiently. (ii) Warm water – sufficiently.
- Take a few spoons of baking soda and place it in a small bowl. Add a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your acne and cover it completely, wait until it dries and rinses with warm water.
- Repeat this process at least once a day until your acne falls off by itself.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil also contains antiseptic properties that are widely used to treat acne scabs. It is one of effective home remedies that help cure the infection due to bacterial growth in wounds, cuts, and scabs. Application of tea tree oil can eliminate the acne scabs without causing acne scars, it also helps promote overall skin health.
Ingredients you need: (i) Tea tree oil – a few drops. (ii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil into a cotton ball. Apply the oil on the acne thoroughly.
- Avoid to make a pressure over the scabs, because it can cause bleeding or infection.
- Repeat this treatment every day for better results and acne scabs fall off by itself.
Note » Any other essential oils such as olive oil, almond oil, castor oil are also acceptable to remove acne scabs safely and effectively.
The primary key in getting rid of acne scabs is by keeping them soft and moist. Thus it will encourage the natural healing underneath the scabs. Warm compress, on the other hand, helps soften scabs and make the scabs loosens gradually; therefore it is good for treating acne scabs overnight. It also helps relieve the itching sensation that may arise.
Ingredients you need: (i) Warm water – one bowl. (ii) Washcloth – clean one.
- You need to prepare a clean washcloth and dip into a bowl of warm water. Remember to avoid the use of hot water that could potentially cause burns.
- Squeezed the excess water and apply the warm compress on your pimple and leave it for about five minutes. It will help loosen the crust and scabs.
- Repeat the treatment twice a day until you find that scabs fall off out of your skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is very suitable to treat various skin problems because it contains antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that provide protection to the skin in several ways. It encourages the skin rejuvenation, restore the body’s pH balance and prevent skin damage due to free radicals. Thus it is also effective for eliminating acne scabs along with the accompanying symptoms.
Ingredients you need: (i) Apple cider vinegar – sufficiently (5ml). (ii) Plain water – sufficiently (10ml). (iii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
- Dilute 5 ml of apple cider vinegar added by 10 ml of water and put into a small bowl. Dip a cotton ball into the bowl.
- Apply the cotton ball in the area affected by scabs. Let stand for at least 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water afterward.
- Repeat this process every day, preferably at night to allow the vinegar cure your acne scabs.
Onion or Garlic Juice
Much like other treatments for the skin, either garlic or onions provide healing properties, which help promote wound healing process that may lead to scabs on the skin. It also contains antifungal and antibacterial compounds that are good for preventing infection.
However, for some people, garlic can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin, so make sure you are free from the adverse effects of garlic juice.
Ingredients you need: (i) Onion juice – sufficiently. (ii) Cotton ball – a few pieces.
- Prepare garlic juice in moderation, dip a cotton ball into the juice.
- Apply the juice on your acne, leave for a few minutes until the juice dries out.
- Rinse your face with warm water, repeat this process at least three times a day for several days.
Some More Useful Tips to Cover Crusts and Acne Scabs
When it comes to acne scabs, your face may look unsightly. Therefore you need to aware of some additional useful methods to cover up and concealing them, along with previous home remedies that you already know.
Clean Up Your Face
You should cleanse your face as normally you would, use your favorite cleanser. Pat dry your face afterward with the help of a dry towel.
Apply a gentle toner on exposed areas of scabs, use a cotton ball for help. This application will help soften the scabs.
Take a little moisturizer and apply a thin layer on your face, leave for a few minutes to allow moisture absorbed by the skin. You may continue to apply a small amount of Vaseline on the scabs area.
Concealing start from this point, apply foundation on your face, especially over the scabs area. Use a foundation brush to help apply the application. Apply a concealer cream afterward, and avoid loosening or breaking the scabs.
Concealer is not a permanent solution, yet they help cover acne scabs instantly. Use concealer only when you really need it. Otherwise, they cause the healing process slowing down. For the best result, always allow your skin to heal wounds naturally.
- Scabs on Scalp and How to Treat Them
- How to Get Rid of Scabs Overnight Naturally
- Acne Keloidalis Nuchae Natural Treatment
- Treatments for Bumps on Back of Head
Do not forget to stay away from the desire to picking, touching, scratching acne because it will not help scabs off; instead, it may result in your acne from getting worse.